Advancing bioenergy through Pyrolysis, Hydrothermal Liquefaction and Solvent Liquefaction of Biomass
Inside this Issue:
Page 3: Residential heating with fast pyrolysis bio-oil
Page 7: Denmark joins IEA Task 34
Page 9: Key Observations from Fast Pyrolysis Bio-Oil Cross-Flow Microfiltrations
Page 13: Hydrothermal Liquefaction for the sustainable management of municipal wastewater sludge
Page 16: Towards a pyrolysis biorefinery: Valorization strategies for the pyrolytic lignin fraction (part I)
Page 18: Fast pyrolysis of hydrolysis lignin in fluidized bed
Page 22: Autothermal oxidative pyrolysis pilot plant in BioValue
Direct Thermochemical Liquefaction (DTL)
Click on topics in this graphic to learn more about the principles of DTL.
As part of the IEA Bioenergy Agreement, the purpose of Task 34 is to:
- Develop Biofuel standards to support commercialization of DTL technologies.
- Validate and standardize analytical methods for thermally liquefied biomass
- Encourage exchange of information with our stakeholders
- Support technoeconomic assessment of biomass liquefaction technologies
In partnership, we want you to:
- Let us know about new challenges you see in liquefaction technologies: contact your country representative for opportunities to get involved
- Publish your research updates to the Pyrolysis/Liquefaction Community in the next PyNe newsletter
- Reach out to authors in PyNe newsletter to exchange data and establish new collaborations!