Welcome to the New Triennium of Task 34
Advancing bioenergy through Pyrolysis, Hydrothermal Liquefaction and Solvent Liquefaction of Biomass
Inside this Issue:
Page 1: Many new faces with strong commitment – Task meeting in KA
Page 3: Introduction to the members of IEA Task 34
Page 7: Maraike Probst, PhD; Marina Fernández-Delgado Juárez, PhD; Felix Kurzemann, MSc; Dr. María Gómez-Brandón; Prof. Dr. Heribert Insam: Application of FP char ashes in soils
Page 11: Elena Wikberg, Linda Sandström: Co-upgrading of HTL and fossil oil
Page 14: Huamin Wang, PhD., Kim Magrini, PhD., Zhenghua Li, PhD: Co-processing bio-oil/ bio-crude in refineries
Page 18: Cornelius Pfitzer, Andreas Niebel: Choosing pumps for pyrolysis condensate: A Case study
Page 22: Marco Buffi, David Chiaramonti: Fast pyrolysis bio-oil for small scale cogeneration in micro gas turbines
Page 26: Lasse Rosendahl: PhD defense Dr Douglas Elliott
Page 27: Axel Funke: Task 34 – orientation and plans
Direct Thermochemical Liquefaction (DTL)
Click on topics in this graphic to learn more about the principles of DTL.
As part of the IEA Bioenergy Agreement, the purpose of Task 34 is to:
- Develop Biofuel standards to support commercialization of DTL technologies.
- Validate and standardize analytical methods for thermally liquefied biomass
- Encourage exchange of information with our stakeholders
- Support technoeconomic assessment of biomass liquefaction technologies
In partnership, we want you to:
- Let us know about new challenges you see in liquefaction technologies: contact your country representative for opportunities to get involved
- Publish your research updates to the Pyrolysis/Liquefaction Community in the next PyNe newsletter
- Reach out to authors in PyNe newsletter to exchange data and establish new collaborations!