Advancing bioenergy through Pyrolysis, Hydrothermal Liquefaction and Solvent Liquefaction of Biomass
Round Robin Archive of the last 28 years is live now:
Direct Thermochemical Liquefaction (DTL)
Click on topics in this graphic to learn more about the principles of DTL.
As part of the IEA Bioenergy Agreement, the purpose of Task 34 is to:
- Develop Biofuel standards to support commercialization of DTL technologies.
- Validate and standardize analytical methods for thermally liquefied biomass
- Encourage exchange of information with our stakeholders
- Support technoeconomic assessment of biomass liquefaction technologies
In partnership, we want you to:
- Let us know about new challenges you see in liquefaction technologies: contact your country representative for opportunities to get involved
- Publish your research updates to the Pyrolysis/Liquefaction Community in the next PyNe newsletter
- Reach out to authors in PyNe newsletter to exchange data and establish new collaborations!
Want to know more about Biofuels from Direct Liquefaction? Browse our information database.
Inside this Issue
Page 4: Ablative fast pyrolysis demonstration project in California
Page 6: HP-HTL technology – pathway for waste valorization and plastic circular economy
Page 11: Important commercial steps towards bio-based gasoline from pyrolysis oil
Page 13: Pilot scale fast pyrolysis bio-oil fractionation by liquid-liquid extraction
Page 17: Upgrading of biomass pyrolysis volatiles to syngas using 3D-printed lattice-structured catalyst in an
Page 20: LOHC for upgrading of pyrolysis oil – insights from a lab-scale batch reactor study
Page 24: Pyro2022 in Ghent/ Belgium
Page 26: Task 34 Workshop at VTT in Finland