Round Robin on Fast Pyrolysis Production, 2 page summary
This summarizes the results on the Task 34 IEA Bioenergy Round Robin on Fast Pyrolysis Production.
The Primary conclusions were:
- Fast Pyrolysis Bio-Oil (FPBO) properties of water, solids, viscosity, and total acid number were found to relate to pyrolysis technology used to produce it.
- Measurements of reaction temperature for a given laboratory system might not be accurate.
- FPBO collection can impact product composition.
- None of the laboratories could produce single-phase oil from wheat straw. This relates to the amount of ash in the feedstock.
- Blended feedstocks resulted in FPBO with less phase separation.
- All laboratories produced single-phase FPBO from hybrid poplar that could be completely analysed